TurningPoint Medical Group is dedicated to improving the quality of life of patients suffering brain health issues through functional sensory integration in the brain, based on the newest and evidence-based knowledge in neurology. HDVR™ stands for High Definition Vestibular Rehabilitation.
Our unique HDVR™ brain rehabilitation program can help with, but not limited to:
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- TBI (traumatic brain injury)
- Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Autism & Asperger’s
- Vertigo & balance disorders
- Headaches & migraines
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- ADD / ADHD
- Anxiety & depression
So far, many of the results of HDVR™ therapy have been nothing short of amazing. Of course, results will vary patient-to-patient. Always talk to one of our certified physical therapists on treatment options and expected outcomes.
And, while it’s just one part of the overall services we offer at TurningPoint Medical Group, HDVR™ is a game-changer in the world of physical therapy, brain rehabilitation, and vestibular rehabilitation.
We offer HDVR™ at both of our Colorado Springs locations. Give us a call today to learn if HDVR™ therapy is the right treatment option for you or your loved one:
Keep reading to learn more about HDVR™ …
Why Does HDVR™ Work?: Three Steps To Success
Step 1: Diagnostics
The diagnostic process includes one-on-one functional physical and neurological examination. The diagnostic testing allows therapists to identify which areas of the brain demonstrate functional deficits. An individualized custom treatment plan is then designed to work on improved functionality in a highly targeted way.
- Physical Therapy Evaluation: Research-backed physical and neurological examination to determine the degree of deterioration in any physical and neurological performance.
- Videonystagmography (VNG): The VNG tracks eye micro movements to accurately assess function in the central nervous system, proper vestibular function, and other neurological problems.
- Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP): A CDP evaluates the sub-systems that affect posture and balance. Somatosensory, visual and vestibular system are assessed to further pinpoint specific functional or cognitive brain impairments.
- Quantitative Electro Encephalography (qEEG): Quantitative EEG(qEEG) is an extension of the analysis of the visual EEG interpretation which may assist and augment our understanding of the EEG and brain function.
Step 2: Customized, Immersive Treatment
The team works with you one-on-one to complete your customized neuro-motor exercises and schedules regular rest periods after each treatment session. Customized treatment is adjusted daily for maximum therapeutic results.
- Photoneuromodulation with NIR Light: Photoneuromodulation involves the absorption of photons by neurons, a mechanism that involves brain bioenergetics.
- Sensory Integration Stimulation with GyroStim: GyroStim, an automated multi-axle rotational device helps to reset the vestibular system and uses the sensory integration in the brainstem to activate neuroplasticity.
- Neurofeedback Therapy/Training: Neurofeedback, also called EEG Biofeedback, is a state-of-the-art, non-invasive, drugless method for teaching the brain to function in a more balanced and healthful way.
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy (OMT): OMT allows the clinician to manually mobilize joints and muscles, restore normal biomechanics, and increase overall range of motion.
- Proprioceptive Exercises: We design customized exercise programs to improve sensory integration in the brainstem and push neuro-plasticity to a maximum level.
Step 3: Post-Treatment Care
An at-home custom treatment plan is provided to ensure continual improvement and follow through. Education in nutritional and supplemental recommendations can help correct any imbalances in body chemistry. Often, underlying metabolic issues can prevent the brain from healing properly. So, correcting such issues can significantly help both neurologically and in overall quality of life.
- Customized Home Exercises: An individually designed home exercise program ensures that the clinical results achieved are maintained and recovery continues.
- Nutrition & Supplement Recommendations: The patient is educated in brain nutrition with diet and supplementation changes suggested to optimize body chemistry in a way that supports physical and neurological recovery.
Help. Hope. Possibilities.
Contact TurningPoint Medical Group today to learn if HDVR™ therapy is right for you. We accept most health insurances and your initial consultation is free of charge.